Tuesday, November 19, 2019

PA Fast Symposium: Reflecting on the experience

No photo description available.This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Pennsylvania Future Agriculture Science Teachers (FAST) Symposium with the rest of my cohort in Harrisburg,Pa. We focused on inquiry based instruction in essentially a 10 hour bootcamp between the 2 days.





What did I learn?

  1.  Strategies for implementing inquiry based instruction: I got to experience being a student through different activities such as experiments and break out boxes. The break out boxes was a new experience for me and I really enjoyed it. The idea is that students follow clues to get codes to get into the locks and then once in the box I can have anything in there for them to do or reflect on. 
  2. Literacy strategies: A lot of time with inquiry based instruction students are solving problems on their own. With this we need to make sure they can navigate through sources and be able to get the take aways. One that I liked was partner highlighting. Students go through and highlight their own paper and then highlight what their partner highlighted as a partner and them talk through the article.


No comments:

Post a Comment